October 24, 2007

I Love Floral Design

For everyone that did not know, I am in a Floral Desing class at BYU right now. It is so much fun and we get to make the coolest things every week. It is a really fun class, but also really hard. I am embarassed to say, but I believe I am actually doing worse in this class than any other right now. HA HA. We have to learn all the botanical and common names for the flowers, the greek and latin words, the inflorecsenc, and how to correctly spell them. I made flash cards, it was so hard! But it has been worth it; these are the projects we made from the last two weeks. An awesome pumpkin centerpiece for Halloween! There are roses, carnations, bird of paridise, peruvian lilies, gerbera, chrysanthemums, solidago, and so many more. Just ask me anything about a flower and pretty much I'll know it! :)

So these crosages and boutinuers (I don't even know how to spell that, and I am too lazy to figure out how...sorry) are pretty ugly, but it was still fun learning how to make them. Now I am ready and armed for Proms and Homecomings. The one with the rose, babies breath and lemon leaf is the most popular crosage and boutiner in the country for high school dances! Interesting fact, huh?!!? Oh, and we learned how to make the pens with the fake flowers wrapped on with flower tape! That was really fun too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I would love that class, I did take advanced floral design in high school. We should make the Thanksgiving centerpiece for Grandma as a treat!!!!

MediocreMama said...

Many people don't know this, but I've always wanted to try floral design. I have no talents in this area, however, but I'm glad someone out there is living my dream.

Ken and Amy said...

Mallory, you are so talented! I think the arrangements look beautiful!