June 17, 2008

Mexican Fiesta

So I have been meaning to post about our trip to Mexico with Ryan's family for weeks now, I just have been busy or without Internet, but now I'm good to go! So where do I begin!

Mexico, Mexico, Mexico....I have such a love/hate relationship with her! You go, you get a wonderful tan, you frolic on the beach, you play games with the fam....the only down side, hmmmm...... DIARRHEA! Not just any diarrhea, horrible pains in the stomach that lingers for a quiet awhile after your vacation ends! What to do, what to do?!!?!!!
Well, the first picture is of Ryan with the beautiful view form our room in the background. You can tell how much tanner he gets as the week goes on! :)
Can you believe this is how I started the vacation- with a Freaking Fever Blister! It was huge and soooo painful! I still like two months later have a faint scar from it!!!!!
A cute little family picture of Ryan and I. The big Aztec thing behind us was a water slide that went into the Wave Pool. It was pretty fun! You gotta love Mexico because anything goes. We could go down the slide backwards, in a train, without a tube, climb up it....absolutely no enforcement of safety procedures.......you know, kids breaking arms...ain't no thing! ha ha
This is our day in the big city. We took a bus from our hotel to Puerto Vallarta to walk around and see the sights and sounds. We all got blisters, but it was worth it because we got to go to a Del Sol! It totally pumped us up for our internship!
Check out our straight up Mexico bus ride. I was just waiting for a person to get on with a crate full of chickens...it never happened, but it would have been cool! It was an adventure to say the least! You could tell the locals were looking at us like, "what in the world are these white tourist doing on here"....it was entertaining!!!! Luckily we had a few Spanish speakers with us!
Canoeing it up in the Lagoon! It was fun exploring the resort this way! I was a little scared of getting the water on me, but ya know- what doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger :) The first time we went canoeing Ryan and I used a double, and Ryan probably did most of the work....but the second time they only had singles so I had to paddle the WHOLE TIME! Woow-I was tired, but it was a really good work out!!!
The kids playing on the water slide. They had so much fun and were so cute! Check out the 'play land' behind them. It was warmer water in the 'play land' so it was tempting to get in, but then you have to ask yourself why its warmer???!!! hmmmmmmm, ha ha
And finally, THE MEXICAN BOOZE CRUISE! Where to begin....first of all, we were the only white people on it, it was hilarious because all of the instructions were in Spanish so we had no idea what was going on the whole day! I truly know what it is like to be a foreigner in a land where you don't speak the language...it sucks! We definitely got our fill or Mexican Mariachi music and free Tequila (well, we didn't drink the Tequila, but you get the picture)!!!!!!!!
This was the best part. Sitting up on top and watching these two girls who had definitely gotten a head start on the liquor dancing Mexican style to the music! It was really funny! They LOVED when they played the song, "Bangin' on the Bathroom Floor" By Shaggy! Classic!
Me, Amy and Jill riding in on a tender boat to go on a hike! This is a pretty funny picture for a few reasons. First of all, I was too grossed out to use the bathroom on the boat, so I decided I'd just wait it out. But then after about an hour or so of our hike, I was running out of options and I was dieing to use the restroom. So instead of using the gross bathroom on the boat, I had to pay 5 pesos and use this even grosser out house! Ha ha ha. You threw your used toilet paper into the corer of the stall instead of down the dug out hole. How sick is that!??!??
This is part of the waterfall we hiked to. You can see the horses and the children bathing in it together! It was an adventure but I'm still glad I did the hike! If not, I wouldn't have the awesome story about the outhouse :) That was a quick glimpse into our Mexican adventure. We had tons of fun playing in the sun, playing cards, and using the spa :) We are so glad we could spend time with everyone together this summer! I'm sure we will have many stories to tell for a long time to come from this vacation!!!! Thanks Blair and Dianne!

2 comments:

Ken and Amy said...

Ken and I are dying laughing at your excellent descriptions of our Mexican vacation! We also agree with your love/hate relationship! Will you send us the pictures of the Booze cruise and us at the bus stop? We definately need to add those to our collection! Those were good times even with the cha-cha-cha!

Anonymous said...

I'm not going to lie, you could have left out the diarrhea bit and the fever blister bit. Grody. It looked beautiful there and like you had a lot of funny fun!