August 2, 2008

I'm so embarassed!

Everyone that went to school in the Utah Valley area knows the typical 'getting to know you questions' that people ask. -where are you from? -what's your major? -where do you live? -where did you go on your mission? And then every once in awhile, you feel like the biggest jerk because you ask someone and they are like, 'oh, I didn't go on a mission..." Well, today I was calling a person in Utah that we were possibly going to rent an apartment from. Him and his wife are students, they live right by BYU, they were talking about going to someones luncheon after a wedding......so I was asking him questions about the apartment and casually said, "...so I assume you are LDS, how is the ward?" And they were like, "oh, well we are actually inactive so I don't know..."! Needless to say I was REALLY embarrassed and learned a little lesson to never ASSUME anything. Because we all know to assume just makes an A-S-S out of U and ME.......ha ha ha (I had to throw that in there)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oops! Where are the up-dates on mom and dads visit? I have been waiting.

David and Shalynna said...

Haha! That is embarrassing, but maybe it will remind them to start going to church and in the end you will have been part of their eternal salvation. :)