January 16, 2009

the 24 hour drive

The road trip begins!  Here we are on the way to Las Vegas.  Our car was so COMPLETELY packed with stuff and we couldn't really move.  I even had things down by my feat.  And as a little side note, that lovely blue bag is actually our bed folded up :)
Ryan and I are getting ready to leave El Paso and begin the rest of our drive.  We didn't even get to the hotel until 2:30 am.  It was a long, long day.  You can see Ryan using his walkie talkie; they really are the best invention ever.  That is what kept us sane through the drive.  
And here is the view I looked at most of the way.  We took turns leading but for the most part Ryan drove in front.  By the end of the first night I was going insane.  I drank a five hour energy drink at like 11:00 pm when we still had three hours to drive and I swear my whole body was practically shaking from what ever is in it.  And my jaw was killing by the time we got to Houston from all the gum I kept chewing on to help keep me awake!  24 hours is a long time to drive in a car by yourself!!!!

2 comments:

Hilarie said...

The funniest thing I have heard lately is how you told me that Ryan likes to drive at night because he is less distracted that way. So hilarious!

"Hey look! A Cow!"

casey.chelsea.cali said...

I can't not BELIEVE you drove the whole way by yourself. I'm impressed! There is no way I could've done that...well maybe, but only if there were NO other options. Yeah...watch out for those energy drinks. Your right, who knows what they put in those suckers!