June 13, 2010

columbine, the book

For anyone that knows me, you know I love non-fiction "crazy, true, unbelievable" books. Well this is one of them. I was perusing the book section in Costco a few weeks ago and saw this. Once I read the first few pages I had to buy it. I have never cried while reading a book before and I was literally sobbing during parts of this. I was pretty embarrassed too because I was at the pool around a ton of people. A great read if you have any interest in the topic. You feel such sympathy for everyone's lives that were affected by Columbine. The author took about 10 years researching all of the events surrounding the attack. It is fascinating-you feel like you are there!

6 comments:

Kali and JT said...

my old roommate and her husband both went to columbine-and my old home teacher was actually shot by the gunmen-CRAZY! Such a sad sad event, I want to read the book!

Anonymous said...

may I borrow it? please please.I will take good care of it. I love that stuff also. Do you want my Oprah? Not so interestig.....

Hilarie said...

interesting. i want to read it too. along those lines - you know what really made me have sympathy for those in situations like this - it was when the trolly square shootings happened. and thinking of all the blood on the pottery barn kids floor right where i had been standing days before. that brings it home and makes a person realize that it can happen anywhere, anytime. like kali and her home teacher... crazy and so sad. it is so heartbreaking to think about the repercussions in people's lives after things like that.

also - grandma - have you read barbara walters: audition? i have it but haven't read it yet.

Jaykob said...

I watched a documentary about the whole thing not long ago. That stuff is just too sad ... it's like watching the 9/11 documentaries that come out every month. Sends shivers up my spine.

Brittany Meng said...

I want to read that book now. I love crying while I read books.

casey.chelsea.cali said...

Thanks for the reference! I will be reading this as soon as I finish the one I am on. So you HAVE to read Escape by Carolyn Jessop. Absolutely amazing!! About polygamy. You'll love it!