April 12, 2008

Collecting Bugs

I am sure many of you are wondering, how do you collect bugs when it is this dark outside? I was wondering the same thing! So we ended up standing around in a circle with flash lights while one brave sole climbed into the "river", and she scooped out piles of dirt from the water. Notice I am not touching anything nor did I the whole day. My job was holding a flash light! Oh- and by the way, it was FREEZING! Then we spent the next 30 minutes "identifying" different types of bugs. They all looked the EXACT SAME! Then the class went on a nice little walk, which I swear was like 1 mile long, to the real Provo River. Here they are trying to find bugs, which was impossible because the river's current was so strong. I was dying here because seriously, they could have fallen so easily and been carried a little ways down the FREEZING COLD river. How bad would have that sucked! Someone would have had to jumped in to help them. All in all, it made for some laughable memories, and of course, the one downside of the adventure was that I didn't get to try on these bad boys!!!! That was strictly left to the Biology majors!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have always wanted to put a pair of those bad boys on too

Ken and Amy said...

I'm sure you can borrow Pappa Blair's bad boys if you really are feeling jealous! Good job for staying out of the water and not touching any bugs!