May 10, 2008

Reading

While we were in Mexico, I read this whole entire book. Now I know that may not sound like that big of an accomplishment to most people, but you have to understand that I rarely read novels. I can name every book I have ever read just for fun...
1) Into Thin Air
2) Children of Promise (the first one in the series)
3) Fast Food Nation
4) The Glass Castle
Sad but true. I don't have a good enough attention span to read for simple enjoyment unless I LOVE the book. And I would have to say, I LOVED this book. I could not wait to find out what happened next. I think I have decided that I like to read non-fiction stories about people living or doing amazing things! If you have any suggestions of books I might like based on my previous readings, please let me know!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you enjoyed this book, may I recomend "Cane River" by Lalita Tademy, and also "The Secret Life of Bees" by Sue Monk Kidd. Both of these books are wonderful. About the same size as Glass Castle. Both with wonderful human life storys and very real. As a side note, Uncle Chris is flying in the same area as Cane River happened. Those books live with me still. come on girls, lets read. So many books, so little time!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm giving this book to Megan next. ME TALK PRETTY ONE DAY. Probably one of the funniest books I've read; it made me laugh OUT LOUD on a plane (that's hard to do) and the stories are all TRUE. David Sedaris is one of my favorite funny writers.

Hilarie said...

i love david sedaris also. he is hilarious!