4th of July
We had a really fun 4th of July. After working for the day, we went up to the nice resort area near Kona for a carnival type thing with fireworks, a movie on the lawn, and music. Since none of us are high rollers, we started the night off at Arby's. It was quite a treat since it's the only Arby's on the island :)
These are our friends here in Hawaii. Amani and Aaron are from Washington and have lived here for a little over a year. She is the one in the teal shirt. She is the assistant manager at the store, and her husband is in helicopter pilot school! Natalie is the one in black and is originally from Alaska, but she and her family have lived here for 14 years. She also works with us, and her boyfriend is Austrian and is a helicopter pilot as well. But he is in Austria on contract for some company!
Next we went to Marble Slab! It was delicious like always. I swear I'm going to gain like 20 pounds from this one place alone. They have, without a doubt, the BEST chocolate milkshakes made with sweet cream ice cream and chocolate syrup. (I fully plan on drinking one every night my mom and dad are here since I know my mom shares my passion for really good milkshakes)!
The fireworks! It was so neat on this outdoor lawn where you can watch outdoor movies and go to concerts. It was a wonderful and memorable 4th of July!
*By the way, I hoped you noticed my color coordinated ensemble. Blue and white shirt with red lips :) I had to get patriotic...
1 comments:
How fun! It is so awesome that you have such cool friends there! I love it!
Post a Comment