July 23, 2008

Batman

So I know I have said this a million times before, but we love living in Hawaii because of all the cool new people we get to meet! So this last week was no different. We met a couple from Norway in the store that was staying in Kona for a while. They were really cool people and they invited us to go see The Dark Knight with them. They had never seen an American movie in an American theater so they were excited about that. Too bad the only theater here is pretty ghetto, so they didn't get to see one of the awesome theaters some cities have. They picked us up and we went and had such a great time! It was so fun talking with them and learning about Norway. We found out so many interesting facts about Norway that we would have never known before :)
And then, not to mention how awesome the movie was! We loved it! Ryan swears it is one of his favorite movies ever (I'm not going to go that far) but I thought it was really good. It was so entertaining and exciting seeing it on the night it opened! Yeah Batman! And I really loved Aaron Eckhart in it. I loved him in "Thank You For Smoking" and thought he was great in this. A few interesting facts about him that I read in a magazine are that 1) He served a mission to France 2) Graduated in Film from BYU in 1994 3) He used to valet park cars at the Sundance film festival
Interesting little tid bit of info for ya!

3 comments:

David and Shalynna said...

Okay the lady that you described in a previous post is cracking me up. What great quotes. I'm so glad you guys are enjoying it out there. You are so lucky you have cable... the interns out here don't even have local channels! (neither do David and I... we watch lots and lots of movies! Luckily pirated movies are only $4 and are legal to sell!:)

Hilarie said...

I love that you are meeting so many cool peeps! Fun times!

TeenageNewmanNinjaTurtles said...

BATMAN!! I LOVE BATMAN!! I didn't know that about Aaron Eckhart! That's awesome. You guys are never gonna want to come home! Rish is like..OMG i talked to Ryan today and they are coming home in 1 month..lol..I'm like Rish, they live in UTAH! So..I guess we're thinkin....ROAD TRIP! We love you guys and miss you! But..I have to agree with Ryan...The Dark Knight is awesome...I even had to write about it on my blog cuz I loved it soo much...see! lol