May 2, 2009

my alma matar

Kuehnle, the elementary school my siblings and I all went to in Texas, is making the news today.  My niece and nephew also go there and just so happened to be home sick from school on Friday.  That's a little shady if you ask me....... but any-who.  It is the 11th school to close in Houston because of "a probably case of swine flu in either a parent or adult".  That folks is straight from the Houston Chronicle.  Check out the story here.  It maybe seems a little like an over-kill (but who knows) and I feel bad for all the parents that will be keeping their kids home for two weeks!! Crazy!

3 comments:

casey.chelsea.cali said...

What a nostalgic post...I love it! A huge smile came over my face when I saw the picture.

I would say they are definitely making this swine flu bigger than necessary. Ohwell...I guess I might as well be prepared incase they quarantine us in our homes:)

Hilarie said...

What do you mean shady? Just doin' my part to keep the Swine Flu in check. A lot of good it did...

You better be thinking of me and feelin' sorry for me the next 2 weeks!!

Anonymous said...

Love the photo and sure have missed your posts. And yes the Swine flu is a bit over blown in my humble oppinion........