August 28, 2009

i love it!

So the first week of school is over. Can you even believe it? So after my first period class, I seriously thought "there is no way in hell i am doing this for the rest of the year". They were so loud, and talkative and i had to ring a bell to get there attention every 15 seconds. I was so sad.....but then 2nd was good 3rd was great and then 4th was kind of bad again. I'm telling you one thing, 43 students in a class is just not manageable.....so I was all sad thinking how am I going to do this.

I came up with a plan, made a seating chart and picked up my "voice enhancer" from the media center at school. It is basically and necklace microphone that is projected into the classroom. A STRAIGHT UP MIRACLE!
It made all the difference in the world. I love it now. First period students were like little angels. I wish there were less in each class so I could get to know each of them better, but I'm just picking one battle at a time here! I can't wait to update you on next week.
And-I'm substituting for the first time on Tuesday! (because I only teach every other day). I can't wait!

2 comments:

casey.chelsea.cali said...

I can't wait to read all of your new classroom stories! Congrats for getting through the first day!!

We finally got back to Utah. Hooray! I will be calling you soon so we can get together:)

Aubrey said...

I just can't wait to see your new car.