April 11, 2010

2 years and 10 months old

I know this is probably shocking to most people, but this is the top tier of our wedding cake that has been frozen since we got married. The original intention was to do the traditional thing of freezing the top layer of your wedding cake until your 1 year wedding anniversary. My mom had it in her extra freezer and then we were living in Hawaii over our first anniversary so we forgot about it.
My mom gave it to us right when we moved back from Hawaii but we didn't eat it right away. We just also put it in our freezer. Well I always knew it was there and I still had intentions of trying a bite. Well I finally took it out and thawed it. This is what it looked like. Ryan was disgusted and kept telling me I would die if I tried it. So neither of us tried it and I ended up just throwing it away. Pretty gross -huh?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yuck

Dianne C said...

Probably a good idea NOT to eat it!! It looked much better on your wedding day. Who thought up that crazy tradition anyway?

Hilarie said...

Remember how mom forgot to take ours home from our reception when she cleaned up stuff after we left that night for our honeymoon. She felt so bad that while we were on our cruise she had the woman make another cake to match ours. Froze it. We ate it a year later and then she told us her secret. LOL!

meng said...

sad!

Rachel said...

I don't want to be a stalker anymore, I'm adding your link to my blog friends section.

Ken and Amy said...

that is nasty! glad you didn't eat it and risk the chance of dying!