April 9, 2010

how sad is this?

This is why you should ALWAYS USE A RECIPE. I was feeling saucy several weeks back while at Sunflower's Market and was walking buy a nice lady when she started chatting me up. She noticed I was buying yellow onion, red onion, limes, cilantro, etc. so she told me about this great way to make salsa. I was hungry and it sounded good so I went home and tried out her method.
She told me to use caned tomatoes so I bought a lot of fresh produce and a lot of canned tomatoes and then I tried to make it. IT WAS HORRIBLY DISGUSTING. I think I put way too much of some key ingredients. I think it was a very strong combination of red onion, cilantro and white onion. I was so sad about it tasting gross so I kept trying to save it by diluting it down by adding more tomatoes.....HUGE MISTAKE. It didn't work. I literally dumped this whole thing down the sink. It was like catching a $20 dollar bill on fire. Very depressing. I should of just stuck with my mom's wonderful recipe I had sitting on my shelf that I know is really yummy.

1 comments:

casey.chelsea.cali said...

The good news is, it looked really pretty. I'll have to get your moms recipe from you. I love salsa. Can't wait for our lunch on tuesday!!