January 23, 2008

The Best Class Ever

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my skiing class at BYU. Every Tuesday we go up to Sundance and ski from 1:00 until 4:30. It is awesome because the whole time I am learning to ski from this nice Sundance ski instructor lady! It is quiet a steal if I do say so myself! I never knew if I would really like skiing or not because when I used to snowboard when I first moved here I was always freezing and miserable! I can not emphasize enough the need for proper fitting, good, warm clothing. It makes all the difference in the world. Towards the end, I'm not going to lie.....I almost started crying in the lodge because my toes were so numb. I didn't know if I was ever going to be able to feel them again?!!! But the good out-weighed the bad and I really have fun! These are some of my fellow skier/snowboarder buddies......Look closely and you may just be able to tell what room we are standing in....oh yes, you are right! The room our wedding reception was in! Isn't that cute that the last time I was there I was wearing my wedding dress! The Lift! This was the second week of classes and the first time we got on the lift! I was a little scared but not really because I have been on the lift many times with snowboarding. And plus I was really good (haha) because when I got off the lift the first time I didn't fall but the two girls on it with me did! It was really funny. Looks a little different covered in snow!!!! The hill I conquered!!!! If you look closely you can see that it was snowing! It was really cold the whole day, but really fun! In no time I'll be doing black diamonds....boo ya!!!

5 comments:

Hilarie said...

yo yo yo. that DOES look like the best class ever! my best class ever has to be typing. it is the only skill i have retained from my learnin' years!

Anonymous said...

How fun and dreamy Mal. Soak up those free wheelin' years while they last.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Megan and I'd like to add: I wish I'd done that in college. I grew up in the best snow on earth and never touched it except to scrape off my car.

Anonymous said...

P.S. Tod proposed to me on those exact ski lifts so think about that a little the next time you go.

Ken and Amy said...

I'm so glad that you are learning how to ski. Now I'll have a buddy when we all go skiing. Everyone else is way better than me and they leave me in the dust. However, by the end of the semester, you'll probably be leaving me in the dust too!

Have fun! Amy