January 27, 2008

I'm Practically a Professional

As many of you probably remember, I took a floral design class last semester, and BOY WAS IT WORTH IT! I feel like such a pro now after all my test and quizzes in this particular field :) My first brave venture into making an arrangement on my own was for Thanksgiving at my Grandma's house. I went to a whole sale floral place in Provo, bought all the goods, and then Megan and Carly helped me make them. It was really fun-but it was my first time making an arrangement out of class so it was a learning experience.

I think they turned out pretty good, and so did my mom. She then asked me to make 8 arrangements for the Bishops and High Council dinners the stake presidency does every year! I was so nervous (I mean the pressure) but it was so fun and they turned out sooooo good! I think I learned alot the first go around and was able to make these even better! I wish I had some pictures of the tables at the dinner because they looked so pretty! I will try to get the pictures from my mom! I just love this new little hobby, and it was really easy to learn how to do it! Thanks BYU floral design class PAS 112.

2 comments:

Hilarie said...

So, I am confused. Was skiing or floral design your 'best class ever'? It sounds like you have had to many 'best class evers' to decide!! Think how well rounded you will be by the end of your BYU experience!

Anonymous said...

I just want to say that floral design is my all-time fantasy. That is something I really, TRULY want to learn how to do.

I think your arrangements were fabulous. Come live here and teach Megan and me how to make wonderful centerpieces.