March 25, 2008

Are You Kidding Me

I don't really describe myself as a morning person. If I get enough sleep, then I usually perk right up after showering and leaving the house for the day, but usually I go to bed too late. Normally throughout the week I get up at 7:00 or 8:00 AM depending on when my class starts. With that said, you will not believe what I have to do on Saturday?!!?
I have to be at the park at 6:00 AM to meet with my 'teaching with technology' class. At this park, which happens to run along a river, I have to collect bug specimens so that we can do a collaborative project with a high school classroom in Georgia! Are you kidding me!? So I have to wake up at like 5:30 AM, go out in the cold to romp along a river bed while collecting bugs, and of course preserving and taking pictures of them.....HELLO, does it look like I know how to collect and preserve bugs-I think not!
Apparently I am being punished for having such a small major and having to take this class with the section that has biology teaching majors in it! I guess the upside is, that if I take my camera I will have plenty of good photos for a new post!

6 comments:

Hilarie said...

SWEAT bug graphic! Can't wait for the pics from your adventure!

Hilarie said...

uummm... woops! that would be 'sweet' - like cool, not 'sweat' - like you've been working out! hahaha! :)

Anonymous said...

Mallory, high school here starts at 6:45. Teachers have to be in the building by 6:15. I used to wake up when most people in this city are going to bed...I'm just saying...are you sure you want to teach?!!!

Ken and Amy said...

That is ridiculous! I have a teaching degree and I NEVER had to collect bugs! I would change majors if they asked me to do that. On second thought...make Ryan come with you. He always enjoyed collecting bugs as a young child and figuring out some way to torture them! Collecting bugs is a boy thing, right?

David and Shalynna said...

Mallory! It was so great talking to you on the phone. David is sad that you won't be Grand Cayman interns, but we are so excited to see where you will end up going. Keep us posted!

lawblob said...

What the hell? You need to drop that class.