April 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Ryan

Happy Happy Birthday Ryan! I thought I would tell a funny little story about Birthday cakes at our house. For my birthday in October, Ryan decided to make me a cake using the round cake pans and this cake stand, and he thought he made my favorite cake, Spice Cake. But, he got confused and made my LEAST FAVORITE cake, Spice Cake! Funny stuff.

And then for his birthday two years ago I made him Busy Day Cake, and I swear, I did something really really wrong because it was lumpy and disgusting. That was the first thing I ever made for him so he was a little scared for my cooking skills!
***And as a side note to all the Wilson girls-isn't it so funny how our moms and grandma swears we need to get three, not two, three round cake pans with removable bottoms so we can make that 3 layer chocolate cake....ha ha ha, this is only the second time these have been used in a year! But, I will have to say they will be used much more in the future because look how cute a round cake is! I love it! If you want to make this cake, go to the William-Sonoma website and search for the Birthday Cake recipe!

4 comments:

Hilarie said...

Cute cake Mal! My 3 round cake pans with removable bottoms have never been used to make a cake in almost 8 years! I only use 1 of them to make Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls! Don't tell anyone! :)

holly said...

Way to go Mal, the cake looks awesome. don't tell the boys the three layer is a total overkill, stick with the two layer. I only use all three once a year at Greg's b'day. Happy B'day Ryan.

lawblob said...

I agree Mal, spice cake is disgusting.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE those candles!!! What a nice wife you are! So Ryan's an Aries, huh...