Our First Day Off Work
This is last Monday which was our first day off from work, and we got a rental car and drove to the north part of the island. We had so much fun! We went through this really cute little town called Hawi (you pronounce it Ha-vee) and we ate delicious famous ice cream there called Tropical Dreams! We also took this picture in front of one of the King Kamehameha statues. It was great too because we were able to leave the VOG and see the blue sky and the sun. It was wonderful!
We kept driving on the highway and eventually you come to the end of the road and this is what is there. It is called Ponolu Valley. It is BEAUTIFUL! We went on a pretty easy 20 minute hike down the valley to the black sand beach.
My whole life I have always wanted to swim on a black sand beach and I got the chance to!!! It was pretty much as amazing as I imagined it would be. The waves were really fun to swim in and it was just an amazing view in every direction.
Check out the black sand! Wooo woo!
3 comments:
Yay! You guys have a blog!!! I should say you have had one!! Hope you guys are having so much fun in Hawaii!
Dreamy!
Megan took my word. Very dreamy.
Hey, I met Carolyn Jessop. I attended a book reading back in November in downtown SLC and she was one of the readers. She told us all about her experience escaping, answered questions and then read excerpts from her book. I've been meaning to read it because she fascinates me.
Enjoy your black sand.
Post a Comment