December 11, 2008

you have been compromised

I have to tell this funny story because it just cracks me up. The other day I am studying in a computer lab on campus, when a lady lab attendant comes up to the kid next to me and tells him, "I'm sorry sir, your computer has been compromised." And she was so nervous and stern. I just started laughing because it sounded so funny. It was as if he was like James Bond and the Russians just found him. But now, POSTED EVERYWHERE, are signs, emails, and its on the main student web page that the campus really has been "compromised". Apparently most computers on campus have a virus that is being passed around through everyone's USB drives. So the lady wasn't kidding, and if you have used a USB drive on campus lately (which I have) you apparently will most likely have a virus. So then there is instructions that tell you what to do about it. But anyways, it was really funny, maybe you had to be there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is really funny. i thought you were going to say he was looking at porn or something and they were byu arresting him.

lawblob said...

That's pretty funny, Mal. I am picturing Jack Bauer sweatily yelling at the kid to dive from the computer chair before it explodes.